A traditional highland hotel and restaurant, on the shores of Loch Ewe in sight of Inverewe Gardens.
Poolewe Hotel is a 16th-Century coaching inn in the picturesque village of Poolewe on the shore of Loch Ewe near Gairloch on the NW Coast of Scotland. Just 90 minutes of beautiful easy driving from Inverness Airport. Set amidst dramatic Highland scenery, Poolewe Hotel is ideal for anyone wishing to explore this wild and beautiful corner of Scotland.
Guests can choose from thirteen en-suite bedrooms and suites, most enjoying spectacular views most of the sea or mountains. In addition, Poolewe Hotel boasts a reputation for excellent food with a restaurant, a conservatory dining area, and a bar. Log fires in all the public rooms contribute to the friendly atmosphere of this historic inn. The hotel welcomes dogs; there is ample parking and a bike store, free WiFi is available throughout the hotel.
Visit Poolewe whether to relax or to enjoy an active holiday, or a combination of both.
• Visit the world-famous National Trust for Scotland Inverewe Gardens situated less than a mile from the hotel, clearly visible from the hotel dining room.
• Enjoy hill walking. There are maps available in the hotel outlining the various routes, catering for a wide range of abilities.
• Trout and salmon fishing, whale watching, deer stalking, canoeing, climbing, mountain biking, pony trekking, golf are all on offer in the area.
• Take in the beautiful and inspiring scenery.
• Visit a traditional small highland distillery.
• Witness the amazing wildlife of Western Europe’s last true wilderness.